Tuesday, February 21, 2006

City of God's Delight

I figured I would start myself a blog seeing as I do nothing at work. I answer the phone that never rings and or mail letters that never come in- all in all the situation is looking pretty good for me and I am left with lots of spare time that I am getting paid 12 euro an hour to have!

I have been in Dublin for 4 months now. Looking back to when I first got here, i didnt think that being half way through this trip was even possible! It was a really hard transition to make- leaving all of my friends and family behind and moving across the ocean to start a new adventure with nothing by God and my best friend. I knew that God has called me here and I had spent the whole year working towards moving here, but yet when I got here I was miserable, homesick and terrible to be around. I didnt want to do anything but go home and the anger in me towards God for bringing me here was terrifying! I toughed it out though and somehow through venting and screaming my disapointment at God and friends coming over to kick me in the butt I made it through the first few months- to my relief and probably my best friend Jens who often had to listen to me vent and freak out!


So the trip is half over, and I have a house with my best friend, I go to church most sundays, I have an office job at a place called Crosscare that does social work, feeding schemes and drug abuse couselling all over Dublin, I work with an inner city kids club on Thomas street, I have kids in my neighborhood come over on saturdays to hang out and get loved on, and I always have sunday night dinner with Jen and Konrad (my favourite polish person in the world)! So even though I still get homesick, I think that alot has happened in 4 months, and I am really happy and I dont hate Dublin anymore! yay!

God has also done so much work in my heart! Even up to a month ago I was so angry and broken and I shut my heart of to just about everything, including God. God has brought so much healing to me though and really given me a passion to walk with Him rather than making it a chore. So much of my walk with God has been based on the fact that I have nothing to walk away too, so although I hate walking with Him there is nowhere else to go. But God has showed me just how good He really is. He is so faithful and I have nothing but testimony of His faithfulness and goodness. He is always there for His kids. I love Him more than I ever have and want to do nothing but bring Glory to His name. To serve and love the way He first loved us. God is the last person I think about before falling asleep and the first person I wake up to in the morning- that is the desire of my heart.

So with all that in mind, I am loving my time here and finally relaxing and enjoying it! I have a big heart for Dublin and my heart breaks for the children here more and more everyday. I am falling head over heels in love with Jesus and I have never been more myself.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have waited many years to hear you say such things. Wow. God is a fabulous Father to bring you to this place. I love you!