Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day Fun!



So today (Remembrance Day) is suppose to be my
essay writing marathon! I have 5 essays to write
in the next couple weeks.. and I was hoping to get the majority of it done today. While, I have written two of the five today, (which is a big accomplishment for my procrastinating self) my marathon was interrupted by my very excited roommate Shelley to embark on a trip to Wal-mart! Now let me just say that WHENEVER Shelley and I both have a day off together and nothing major to do, it ALWAYS ends in a trip to Wal-mart. I guess its just our "thing". So we went to Wal-mart, for like 3 hours... and spent way too much money in the end, but it was so much fun! We always have a blast shopping together. The most exciting part for me though was we got talking about taking a trip back to South Africa together. She is originally from South Africa, so it would be a trip home for her... and she was with me the first time I went, so it would be like old times. I have been praying for Africa so much lately and my heart has been longing to go back, so these talks got me REALLY excited! So after all the talks, we are tentatively planning a trip for May when my semester is over. We would probably go down for 3 or 4 weeks and do kids ministry in Cape Town, and hopefully go on a Safari! I left part of my heart in Cape Town, so this possibility just thrills me to no end. I love the people, the opportunity for ministry, the beauty, how on fire people are for Jesus, everything!


So I am praying about it, she is praying about it, and I guess we will see what God does!!




1 comment:

Jen said...

Have fun! I'll be here trying to keep the house in one piece while I save for the fall semester. WOOHOO! Admit it - you're jealous.