Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Ireland missing days.....

I miss Ireland.
I miss walking around the streets, praying and jamming out to my ipod.
I miss the simplicity
I miss saturdays of going to the market and window shopping on Grafton Street
I miss Insomnia coffee
I miss our favourite chinese restaurant
I miss the graffitti on everything
I miss walking down my street after work and being greeting by 10 screaming children.
I miss my door bell ringing 100 times a day
I miss finding creative spots to hang my laundry because the dryer did not work.
I miss wandering to Mace at 8pm just for something to do.
I miss movies with the girls
I miss house church
I miss Sunday School
I miss beautiful polish friends
I miss Sunday dinners
I miss worshipping with anything we could find around the house (a can of nails, a pot and spoon, etc)
I miss Greystones
I miss sitting on the rocks, looking at the ocean and realizing how small I am and how big God is
I miss beach days where the water would be so cold, and the waves would always push Tasha down!
I miss the pubs and the laughter and dancing
I miss the train ride through Dublin
I miss the Irish Sea
I miss the cool breeze and mist everywhere all the time
I miss how green it was
I miss the double decker buses.
I miss the celtic harp player on Grafton Street
I miss the street preachers
I miss the protests
I miss taking trips to belfast
I miss going to the airport to greet people coming to visit
I miss working at the bank and the awesome people there
I miss talking on the phone to Irish people I could not understand
I miss visiting people and holding babies and playing tag until it was so dark out that we could not see.
I miss feeling God in a tangible way
I miss my heart aching because I loved the country so much
I miss having nothing, becasue its when I had nothing, I actually had everything. It was when I had nothing I felt most alive.

I need to go back. I left my heart there.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh love .... I know how you feel.