Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy Tears

I cried when I got told I was not "university material"
I cried when I first started University and my advisor told me that I would not make it as a Social Worker
I cried when I walked away from that dream and found a new one in Ireland
I cried when that country broke my heart so much that it lead me back to my original dream of being a Social Worker
I cried when God told me to leave the place I had fallen in love with to go back to school
I cried when my best friend believed in me and told me that it was OK to want to go to school even though people said I would not make it,
I cried when my parents and friends all supported me and rallied around me to cheer me on as I began qualifying and attempting to make my goal a reality,
I cried when yesterday everything I have been working towards and dreamt of was handed to me on a piece of paper.
I am going to be a Social Worker, and by the grace and love of God and the love and support of my friends and family my dream is finally coming true.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I cried when I read this.

Awesome post. You are MEANT to do this.