Thursday, February 21, 2008

Reading Break? I think not my friends!

Ok seriously, I do not understand why we in Canada insist on calling spring break, "reading week". Honestly, I do not think that I have done less reading in MY LIFE. Its kind of depressing really, it is like as soon as I hear that I have a week to catch up on all the reading and the papers and the studying for midterms, something inside me goes... ''no, you know what Kristie, you deserve a week to do nothing. Thats right, do everything BUT homework this week.'' But you know if I actually did my reading and homework when I was not on a break, this would not be such an issue.
Pretty much everyone I know has the same opinion of reading week, its a nice week to relax and do nothing and come the saturday and maybe sunday night before school starts again, the panic sets in! The "OH MY GOD, I HAVE FOUR PAPERS DUE TOMORROW MORNING alarm goes off.'' It happens every year! I honestly think that there should be no assignments given on reading week, and instead it is a week dedicated to doing nothing, which is what most of us, not so eagar student do anyways!!
I even cleaned my house top to bottom, did about eight loads of laundry and have watched most of my movie collection, just to avoid the homework. But alas, it is once again drawing to an end and the panick is setting in.
I will never learn.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dude, you're impossible!! Even if there were no assignments given to you for reading week, you'd leave all the other stuff you already had until the week you had off - thus assigning yourself your own work to do during your time off! You're ridiculous!